Emma Watson (in Chanel) at the Cannes Film Festival premiere of The Bling Ring, May 16th
Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
The most impressive one because it actually looks like she’s saying that..
i don’t like the whole “you can’t love someone until you learn to love yourself” idea because uhhh
wow people who are hurt and abused and damaged deserve love just as much as someone else
love generally does not work when it’s one-sided. love is the interaction between one person and another entity, like another person or a book or a work of art
and usually when people have trouble loving others it’s because their previous relationships with people have taught them messed up ways of love
where do you think these people are going to learn healthy ways of love? from a magical wise space turtle in their heads? they have to go out there and love and hurt and make mistakes and learn what it’s like.
you can love someone the moment you start loving, okay? of course with time you eventually learn the deeper complexities and nuances, but you are not required to love yourself first
most of the time you can learn to love yourself at the same time that you love someone else
The 16-year-old high school student who was arrested after causing a small explosion on school grounds will not be charged with a crime.GOOD.
They went after her because they thought no one had her back.
That’s the problem. They go after Black children like this every damn day.
Natasha Walter, Living Dolls: The Return of Sexism, pages 69-70, 2010. (via bitemebeautiful)
Bringing this back as people have started reblogging this again and EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS.